Information Technology - Real Estate - Road Rally - Airsoft - Military Simulation

Google

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Greetings from the United Kingdom!

The company has me traveling this week for the European IS meeting. So far, I’ve made it to Burnham, UK which is about 30 minutes west of London. It’s a sleepy little village with some brick tudor-style buildings that date back some 600-700 years. The “high street” or main street as we’d call it back in the states consists of a quaint little village that reminds me a lot of Solvang in central California. The streets here are a lot more narrow than in the U.S. and they drive on the opposite side of the road which has caused quite some confusion, but I’m starting to adapt. The quality and selection of lagers and ales here is incredible rivaling that of many micro breweries back in the U.S. Homes here are very small. The 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1 car garage company house that I’m staying in is about 1200 sq. ft. with a lot size of approx. 2500 sq. ft. And I thought that houses in the U.S. were small!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home